Personal Injury Treatment Question and Answers
If you have experienced an accident or personal injury, don’t wait. Get help today! The team at Coastal Medical Integration helps people from all walk of life with injuries. For more information, call us today or request an appointment online.
Getting hit from a car behind you while at a red light or stop sign is something you don’t expect to happen on your way home from work. Then again, you also don’t expect to twist your ankle on the tennis court, nor did you plan to fall down that set of stairs at work. Personal injuries at home, work, in the car, or while playing sports happen to the best of us, but it’s important to have them looked after right away. Your goal after experiencing a personal injury is to treat it so it heals and helps reduce pain.
When should you seek medical attention after experiencing a minor accident?
There are all sorts of minor accidents that happen to most of us in our lifetime. A case in point is a car accident, and according to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), each year Americans spend a combined total of over one million days in the hospital after being injured while on roads and highways. What’s even more staggering is that medical costs combined exceed $18 billion. However, despite these facts, many people will wait to seek medical attention, especially if they only have minor signs of injury. However, when you are in any kind of car accident, or experience any kind of minor accident, it is important to receive medical attention right away. Even if you have minor pain, go see a doctor or a healthcare provider, who can help assess your injury, conduct an examination, and offer preventative tips for staying safe on the highway, or while cruising across town. A doctor or healthcare provider may also offer tips that might help keep you safer at home, or while playing your sport of choice. So, when an accident happens, get help right away and have it treated to make sure it’s not serious.
What kind of personal injuries does Coastal Medical Integration treat?
Coastal Medical Integration help treat a number of injuries for clients:
- Auto injuries: If you have been injured in a car accident, it can be very painful and you may suffer from headaches, neck pain, back pain, even dizziness. We offer chiropractic services that help treat auto injuries and we can help recommend a plan to help you on your road to recovery.
- Sports injuries: While on the court, field, ice, track, or in the ring, sports injuries are very common for weekend warriors and professional athletes alike. Chiropractic is a sound way to get back to achieve your level of activity and to keep your body running smoothly. Our team has a leading staff of chiropractors who will help boost your athletic performance.
- Work injuries: Workplace accidents happen, especially in physically demanding jobs. What you should know is that seeing a chiropractor may help you get back on your feet quicker with minimal time off work, compared to those who don’t see a chiropractor following an accident.
- What treatment options are there for an accident injury at Coastal Medical Integration?
- Treatments start with an examination, and after careful diagnosis, your treatment plan may include non-invasive treatments, chiropractic care, joint and soft tissue manipulation, physical therapy, or stretching techniques.
How do you treat whiplash?
There are a number of techniques that we utilize in order to treat patients with whiplash, which include spinal manipulation, muscle stimulations or relaxation and whiplash treatments, trigger point therapy, soft tissue therapies, and instrument assisted therapy. Our aim is to work with you gently to increase range of motion in your spine, and help your body heal quickly. Our goal is to examine your underlying causes of pain and develop a tailored treatment plan for your injury. More importantly, we set out to treat your body as a whole, helping you recover faster from your whiplash injury while reducing pain.
We serve patients from Gulf Breeze FL, Pensacola Beach FL, Navarre FL, Mary Ester FL, Milton FL, Pace FL, Cantonment FL and Fort Walton FL.